About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Friday, May 8, 2009

bOuNcInG part 2

A while ago, I was sharing food and ale with like minded people, which of course led to the word exchanges. I have no problem with chatting, it is quite natural to me, and actually calms me at times. Unfortunately in that case the exchanges bothered me, perhaps because I just finished dancing and some times ushering words after a moving melody is awkward for me.

I really wanted to be there, it was not as if I was coaxed to join the mix- I was there on my own volition. I was not behind enemy lines- I was with beautiful eloquent friends. The irritation on my part began when the affairs of the state turned to an us-and-them reference, the minimal hairs on my body prickled up. I wanted to leave, but paying six plus bucks for the pint, required me to stay- I was committed to drinking my money. I sullenly nursed my beer and listened, and softly shook.

I, note daily I pass hundreds of people whom I do not know and they know not me! They also have their like minded friends, and in their course of word exchange they also refer to an us-and- them. Billions of people on this shared globe, a whole fragmented and fragmented and fragmented and fragmented….

Who are we? What am I? I have my people and my people have me- SEE! There are legions upon legions which I/we have no relationship with, they are not our chosen, they are our others!

On that night of noted discontent in which I participated the shared affirmations provided me with no solace. I was left with me, and weak of bravado my self affirmations provided me with no solace. Seeing me, I saw a man alone and hungry for connections beyond my ken and being unable to access the unknown, I was grappling.

I am You, You are I, We are They, They are Us… I do not understand…

No comments:

Post a Comment