About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Yearning and Listening


Physical death is not a metaphor but a sobering reality. Immortality is not a metaphor but a sobering reality. Yearning is the fuel of ‘immortality’! I host IT, you host IT, we all host IT!

I may in my broken tone express IT different from your own. You and I may not even understand one another in our invocations, yet we both yearn! We are all smitten by presence while at the same time manipulative managing our relationship with immensity.

We are unworthy, we are passionately indifferent, we are occupied- so this IT is filtered, dispersed and projected. We channel IT to some thing, to some one, to some body, to some organization! Applied yearning diffuses the immensity of yearning - tethering the traveller.

Listening to music, I hear the intention, the organization of the exposition it seems so compact, so digestible, and makes complete sense. Yet, if I listen not merely to the notation but the spaces between the notation, an unbridled yearning!

The listening of the listening!

Listening I hear the composition and feel the vibrations, I note the psychological and aesthetic constructs. Listening while listening I fade and hearing becomes yearning to yearning, only yearning…

The wind know this, from age to age, the wind has carried the calls of yearning and kept them in the present for all who yearn to recall.

No comments:

Post a Comment