About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Rope Memory


I am forced to be in accord with this discord! To be Ruth in spite of the fact it is neither my birth name, middle name nor my surname- I am perplexed, perturbed whatever word is more vertigo suitable. I myself am not a suit person, though at the time am able to put one on and take one off. Did you know in Montreal they do not turn off their lights, they shut them off.

Dick does say- Nob…

I interrupt and say who is he? Cuckoo nobody I know. Where is the ride going this time? I have an affinity for space odysseys. Yet, I do believe- I am not going imbibe any more wine.

Dick now says Nob cuckold…

I interrupting again- there is more? There is always more, confidential- conspiratorial, always more! Please, no more I implore! The wine once tasted fine. His sharing is a preamble - disclosure foreplay. Did you know female whales are called hens but they do not lay eggs? Was Moby Dick a sperm whale?

Dick tries again - being a bit of a dick, detected that Nob cuckold, cluck, cluck,

Parrying that which I do not want to hear state I do not understand. Who is Nob and what does his tale from your interpretation have to do with me?

Dick clarifying replies- Nob’s bird the other man’s wife went back to the once upon now again beloved formerly cuckold husband. Which in one way suggest Nob is now oddly cuckold- you get it?

I poker face him and claim I get it -I guess! The predator becomes the number one until the former first becomes the predator and in time regains number oneness and the first predator becomes road kill. Isn’t Nob a Tolkien character? What I do not comprehend, is why are you telling me this, Dick?

Well, you have a shining for Mercy, and that was the prolog.

Wait she is the cuckold, cuckold?

No, she comforted the Slob I mean Nob, at his gain loss.

You are a good dick Dick, I suppose?

Not really he was crying for many to see.

And you did have to watch?

Well I was watching Mercy, and she was comforting the Blob, I mean Nob.

Did you smell a saving, you junkyard karma dog?

Dick shakes off the question and goes on- You know that I know you thirst for Mercy, I am just providing backup information for your consideration.

I play indifferent and say - I am a noncommittal man, there is always next week- anything for a poem. I mean relationship stuff I do not particular like...it is so… personal. From a distance, it is I and Thou- then when the two ropes tie it becomes quite knotty. I and It quite pathetic! We against the world quite tragic!.

Dick interrupts my rant -his face flushed says - I drove her home! She has deep, deep dark secrets, best to stay away.

Dick, I do not understand? Mercy me, though I am only partially interested, tell me more – I say.I should have said say no more, but partial interest on my part means oh man, oh man, how will I get out of this feeling and tricky dick

Fret not my friend. She is not what she seems. I talked to her all weekend- Dick did say!

If she is so dark why were you with her all weekend? Stop the salivation salvation stance and accept that you are closer to death than your birth.

Dick now says -well anyways Nob was crying because the wife went home to her husband, it was pitiful- the part or parts that required my pity I am hazy about. I saw that she pitied him…held him …talked gently to him. She…

His words suggested it was lame, but his face radiated envy. I threw in -she is beautiful in a safe way (though not for me), and to receive her gentleness was a blessing for that Nobody whichI did not know. My eyes opened wider as the finite muscles around my mouth soften.- that her...

This I wish to forget. Yet here it is! These memories what are they?

No comments:

Post a Comment