About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Bus Shelter


BUS SHELTER

Standing in a bus shelter waiting for what is not coming! A biddy old woman talks without sharing eye contact about the big fire on Queen Street. The frigid weather goes crunch, crunch, squeezing the warmness to outside my forehead, where it is feeding Cronus. This is not the me i want to project - bitter and cynical! I am spiritual! Weak, so weak, spent my cash on euphoria – now left with small change that bought only paranoia.

The bagel with hummus, lodged in my gut is slow to digest and is weighing me down. Frozen and still waiting for a bus in this shaking shelter, now surrounded by biddy old woman talking about the cold, cold day with a crinkly older couple. Each word accompanied with spittle that instantly freezes crackling when they hit the ground.

A lunar eclipse is coming and still in this shelter waiting for any bus, surrounded by the chatty, crinkly biddy old people- and now two small Filipinos. You would think it would be warmer in this so-called shelter, but none of them even reach my shoulders! The bitter frost creeps down my agape mouth and my bones begin to contract- I want to hurl!

Why am I here? I have nothing to do? I decided to wander just for getting out of my zone. Why do I attempt to apply yesterday’s advice today? I give advice generously, providing poignant insights, so I do not have to attend to my own. Feed me more misery, feed me more wonder - I am frozen and desire to be awed and thawed from a distance.

Thirty minutes late the bus slides down the hill, but I decide - today my zone and my apartment are one.

One less fare for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment